Yield: 2 Servings
Cook & Prep Time: 30 - 35 minutes
These are quick and easy to make, look beautiful, and taste incredible. Be sure to select pears that are still firm an not overripe; you don't want them to dissolve into much while you're cooking them! Serve them with cream, warm custard, or Sweet Cheat Vanilla Whipped Cream.
- 1.5 Tbsp Sweet Cheat Spoonable Monk Fruit
- 2 Bosc or Anjou pears
- 1 1/2 cups red wine
- 2 2-inch strips of orange peel (removed with a vegetable peeler)
- 2 fl oz fresh orange juice (from half a large orange)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 whole cloves
- Dash of nutmeg (freshly grated if you have it)
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 to 1 1/2 tsp cornstarch (optional, to thicken poaching liquid into a syrup)
Peel pears and set aside.
Combine remaining ingredients in a sauce pan and whisk constantly while bringing to a boil.
Reduce to a simmer and gently lower the pears into the liquid and simmer 20 - 25 minutes, turning pears every few minutes to cook evenly.
Serve the pears with some of the poaching liquid poured over top and some Sweet Cheat Vanilla Whipped Cream on the side.
Per 1 Pear
|Fat||0g / 0%|
|Saturated Fat||0g / 0%|
|Sodium||0mg / 0%|
|Carbohydrates||36g / 12%|
|Fibre||14g / 56%|